What's new

iPhone 4S lagging

backbreaker

Reaction score
Hey, so I got my iPhone 4s on saturday and today I've noticed some lagging in games. For example I tried the brothers in arms game, and it lagged, and then gangstar and it lagged BAD, but I heard it's the games fault, so I tried a differend gangstar what was not supposed to lag, but it did it too a little bit. Modern combat 2 didn't lag. I don't know is it a bug in ios or in my iPhone or is it in the game? And I closed all the programs from the background. Should I go to Apple store with this or just let it be?

yes that might be, that they're not made for iOs5. And how do you do the hard reset? Sorry, I'm not so familiar with iPhone yet...

backbreaker said:
yes that might be, that they're not made for iOs5. And how do you do the hard reset? Sorry, I'm not so familiar with iPhone yet...

You hid the sleep and home button together till the phone switch off

backbreaker said:

Im sorry. I should of clarified. Hold the Power and Home button until you see the Apple logo.

Okay, thank you. If that doesn't fix it, I reserved time to the apple genius bar, and go to find out if they are willing to take this one in and swich it, because friend of mine who has the ios 5 said it doesn't lag with him at all.

[h=6]Anyone with a jailbroken iPhone 4S noticing the springboard lags along with the keyboard and general operation of the phone? I don't have many tweaks installed (not using winterboard or other themes) and I even installed Barrel to help with the lag but it still does this. I've clean restored before and rejailbroken but this only temporarily fixes. Rebooting helps but only delays the inevitable. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here are the tweaks I have installed:
[/h]
AppList,AppSync for iOS 5.0+,Auto3G,Barrel,Bug Fix:Duplicate Icons,Bug Fix:Stuck Pages,Bulletin,ChatPic,CyDelete,Cyntact,EZDecline,FindMyPhone,Five Icon Dock,iFile, Mobile Substrate,Mobile Terminal,NoNewsIsGoodNews,Substrate Safe Mode,TetherMe,WeeFlashlight,WeeKillBackground,xMessages,and 3G Unrestrictor 5

[Moderator edit: Removed reference to piracy app - which is probably the reason you are having troubles. Free advice: Remove that piracy crap from your phone and you'll be amazed at how well it works. Please read our rules and - DON'T BE A PIRATE!]

Last edited by a moderator:
I also have been noticing much lag like in opening apps and opening folders and typing in the keyboard. I also only have like 6 real tweaks to it minor ones and some themes but none are activated in winterboard I might restore kinda getting annoying I also have played GTA:3 and have been noticing a little lag

Sent from my iPhone4S 32GB

jaodnam said:
[h=6]Anyone with a jailbroken iPhone 4S noticing the springboard lags along with the keyboard and general operation of the phone? I don't have many tweaks installed (not using winterboard or other themes) and I even installed Barrel to help with the lag but it still does this. I've clean restored before and rejailbroken but this only temporarily fixes. Rebooting helps but only delays the inevitable. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Here are the tweaks I have installed:
[/h]
AppList,AppSync for iOS 5.0+,Auto3G,Barrel,Bug Fix:Duplicate Icons,Bug Fix:Stuck Pages,Bulletin,ChatPic,CyDelete,Cyntact,EZDecline,FindMyPhone,Five Icon Dock,iFile, Mobile Substrate,Mobile Terminal,NoNewsIsGoodNews,Substrate Safe Mode,TetherMe,WeeFlashlight,WeeKillBackground,xMessages,and 3G Unrestrictor 5

[Moderator edit: Removed reference to piracy app - which is probably the reason you are having troubles. Free advice: Remove that piracy crap from your phone and you'll be amazed at how well it works. Please read our rules and - DON'T BE A PIRATE!]

Just dont use that crap i dont have Any problems! The games are doing great !

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net