What's new

iPhone 4S, Just keeps beeping.

midrange

Reaction score
HI there

I have a 16GB iPhone 4S that has suddenly decided to stop working.

The screen will no longer turn on, and all it does now is just keep beeping like it does when you plug it in to charge. Over and over again.

My itunes does recognize the phone and I have restored it a few times now with no luck. I have also held down both power buttons to do a hard reset and still no luck. All it does is keep beeping.

The battery is also getting warm when plugged in.

Anyone have some info they could share. Would it possibly be a bad battery?

Cheers,
Brian

If it's in warranty return to Apple for some major surgery..

HI there

I have a 16GB iPhone 4S that has suddenly decided to stop working.

The screen will no longer turn on, and all it does now is just keep beeping like it does when you plug it in to charge. Over and over again.

My itunes does recognize the phone and I have restored it a few times now with no luck. I have also held down both power buttons to do a hard reset and still no luck. All it does is keep beeping.

The battery is also getting warm when plugged in.

Anyone have some info they could share. Would it possibly be a bad battery?

Cheers,
Brian
Your 4s will still be under warranty,i suggest you give Apple a ring or if you have an Apple store take it in as has just been mentioned,they will most likely exchange it.......let us know how it goes.

Last edited:
Unfortunatly warranty is void on it. So what I gather is its no good then.

I opened it up and although there is no damage on the inside, the water trigger they put in the headphone jack is red. This has never hit water. The water trigger inside and the one in the recharge slot is still white. My guess is sweat, or dampness got in the head phone jack enough to make it go red. It was like that long before this started happening, but because it is red, warranty is VOID.

For all I know i could have been talking on it in the rain and one rain drop directly went into headphone jack. Come to think of it, thats a bad spot on a iphone to put a water trigger for that very reason.

Last edited:
Thats a shame,i understand though that Apple will exchange a damaged phone for a fixed price,check with them and see.

OK, thanks.

Question though. I just learned that when doing a restore, you can hold shift and right click to do a custom restore.. WOuld there be some files that may help with this issue.. A custom restore file? This phone was not jailbroken and locked witha provider.

Edit - Spoke with Apple Care... They said $200 US to replace phone.. Not worth it IMO. Just keep playing with this one I guess.

Last edited: