What's new

iPhone 4s jailbreak issue

tanelsepp

Reaction score
Hi,
I was hoping that someone could maybe point me in the right direction with jailbreaking my iPhone.

My Phone:
Carrier: Verizon
Model: 4s
Version: 5.1 (9B179)

I have tried Absinthe but the software version I have is not compatible. I did some reading through various articles and forums, however haven't found anything that really helps my case. Most of the info is on how to get from ios 6 back to 5.1.1 I did find a site that allowed me to download the 5.1.1 update, and try to restore from there. I dragged it into the right folder, and tried the control click on restore, but itunes rejected the patch. Also, a lot of the info I found was on jailbreaking an A4 device and not my A5. I'm just wondering what the best next step for me to take would be. Any help would be great.

Thanks!

You can only upgrade to iOS 5.1.1 if you have your SHSH blobs saved because Apple is no longer signing that firmware. Use Tiny Umbrella or redsn0w to see what SHSH blobs you have first. Then you can go from there.

Make sure you're using the re-restore work around in RedSn0w to upgrade since you cannot downgrade on the 4S. You can re-restore to a 5.X iOS as long as you have the blobs for them saved. I believe Absinthe was only for 4.3.3 and 5.1.1