What's new

iPhone 4S bricked by removing battery

-1 is a hardware error. Can't be fixed by DFU restore. Only Apple. And they'll be able to detect you opened your phone - so the warranty will be expired. :(

-1 can also be a baseband error generally speaking

do they void your warranty if you change the back cover

do they void your warranty if you change the back cover

If it's not an OEM and certified repair, yes, it'll void your warranty. Since you took out the grounding chips as well from your battery, they'll look for signs of that as well.

do you guys work there? *lol* or do you do iPhone repairs on the side? lol how do you know so much about iPhones master ipohone man? i salute you. excuse my eccentricness, just trying to spice up the board ;)

Experience says it all. I'm more of a software guy. Been working on iOS stuff since my later college years. Mostly software engineering. Jailbreaking picked up, so I learned a bit of this and a bit of that. Hardware was from reading up iFixIt guides.

any app developers here wanna make a big idea blow up here? ive got some really good ideas on dev. an app connecting people for transport services

I wish i was more confident to do repairs. changed out a couple screens, but what would i do if this happened to somebodys phone iwas trying to do a screen repair for or something. risky business.

when i open that ipsw file i just see a funky looking lego piece enlarge on my screen? whats happening?

or speak chinese. i wish i could farm out some app ideas overseas

Still need resources. If it ends up being something big, you'll need a lot of resources to jumpstart and get it running