What's new

iPhone 4s as a hot spot

jackcbs

Reaction score
Is there a way I can use my iPhone as a hot spot for my iPad 2?

You can do it thru your provider if is available however you can do it if you jailbreak as well. There is one app called tetherme and it will work for you.

If you paid for a tethering plan, you can tether from the stock software on your iPhone. Just go into settings.

If you don't have a tethering plan, you need to jailbreak and install TetherMe($5).

How do I jail break on my sprint iPhone 4s? Doe jail break need to be done on the iPad as well or just add tether me.

Where do you get pdanet? I do not see it in the app store

PDANet is a tethering tweak available in Cydia, the jail breaker's "App store.". And, you have to be jail broken to use Cydia.

So, to jail break the 4S, head over to the jail breaking section and look for the tutorial on jailbreaking the 4S with Absinthe. I'd post a link, but there are three different tutorials, depending on whether you have a Windows, Mac or Linux computer...

Good luck.

Marilyn

I just upgraded my 4s and iPad 2 iOS version 5.1. Will jail break work?

Does anyone have a way for a 4 s user on sprint to take advantage of the unlimited data plan and theater it to my iPad 2? I just upgraded both devices with iOS 5.1.
Sprint wants to charge an additional $30 per month.