What's new

IPhone 4S and IOS 6.0.1

marcalhon

Reaction score
Hi to everyone, and first of all, a very Merry Xmas to all

This is my question: I have a jailbroken IPhone 4s with IOS 5.1.1 and would like to know if I can update to IOS 6.0.1 and then jailbreak again, because I have read a lot, and in some places I see it's possible, others people say no, so any help will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi and merry Christmas, I know I'm new here but i do have a bit of experience, if I were you would not attempt to restore get an expert to help. my iPhone is basically bricked from trying to restore. :/

The iPhone 4S cannot be jail broken on iOS 6.x at this time. In addition, once an iPhone has iOS 6.x installed on it, it cannot be downgraded to iOS 5.1.1 - even if SHSH blobs exist for iOS 5.x.

Marilyn

The iPhone 4S cannot be jail broken on iOS 6.x at this time. In addition, once an iPhone has iOS 6.x installed on it, it cannot be downgraded to iOS 5.1.1 - even if SHSH blobs exist for iOS 5.x.

Marilyn

To add on to what Marilyn said, this is not true of you have an iPad 2 even though it's an A5. The iPad 2 is the ONLY A5 device that can be downgraded if and ONLY if you have iOS 5 AND iOS 4 blobs. Just putting it out there. If you have iOS 4 blobs, you can do it on the 4S as well theoretically, but the 4S was released with iOS 5 base, so there are no such thing as iOS 4 blobs

Thanks for all your help

Will not change anything for now, then

Source? Don't raise hopes just to have them shot down

I saw on Twitter 1 guy who is doing that stuff with jailbreak and he was showing his iPhone 5 jailbreak-ed.. He was explaining that the only trouble IS :Safari isn't working yet.. so I figure jailbreak will be soon in the air..

That was a LONG while ago. That was only forcing Cydia onto the iPhone since you're referring to CHPwn's initial picture of the iPhone 5. Nothing works on that version of Cydia unless you manually put stuff on there, which requires a developer account. The reason that the jailbreak isn't released yet is not because of Safari not working, it's because you need a developer account in order to GET the jailbreak onto your iPhone because you have certain ports/security features that needs to be opened/closed that can't be done without a developer's account. For the latest news on jailbreaking and ETAs, go for the trusted sources like:

Planetbeing's Twitter
Pod2G's Twitter
MuscleNerd's Twitter
DevTeam Blog
RedmondPie
iDownloadBlog

If there are any news on an ETA or any progression, it'll be mass posted and plastered everywhere since it's the most highly anticipated jailbreak ever

That was a LONG while ago. That was only forcing Cydia onto the iPhone since you're referring to CHPwn's initial picture of the iPhone 5. Nothing works on that version of Cydia unless you manually put stuff on there, which requires a developer account. The reason that the jailbreak isn't released yet is not because of Safari not working, it's because you need a developer account in order to GET the jailbreak onto your iPhone because you have certain ports/security features that needs to be opened/closed that can't be done without a developer's account. For the latest news on jailbreaking and ETAs, go for the trusted sources like:

Planetbeing's Twitter
Pod2G's Twitter
MuscleNerd's Twitter
DevTeam Blog
RedmondPie
iDownloadBlog

If there are any news on an ETA or any progression, it'll be mass posted and plastered everywhere since it's the most highly anticipated jailbreak ever

Ok...thx