What's new

Iphone 4 won't charge

jaredn87

Reaction score
Recently my iPhone 4 stopped letting me charge it. Using the cord and power adaptor it came with, it will not charge. It says charging is not supported with this accessory. I found it strange since it is the original iPhone cords and charger. So I thought maybe my cord is bad. I had a griffin cord and power adaptor, but the same message occured. I tried plugging it into my computers and different usb slots. Still the same message. But it does recognize my iphone and Itunes lets me sync and add stuff to my iPhone. I tried my friends iPhone cords and stlil the same result. I made sure no lint or anything was in the connector area, I've even erased everything from my iPhone. Still the same message occurs. Any thoughts on why my iPhone is recognized by my computer but will not let me charge it? Thanks

That is usually an indication of moisture damage.

I haven't got any water or anything on it. If somehow it is moisture damage could I just buy a new connector and would it work or is my ipone done for?

If water has not been near it then you will probably need to take the phone to either Apple or your cellular provider. They have the tools to troubleshoot it.

I had the same issues before and I took it to the apple store. I had a bent pin/clip inside the phone and some moisture damage. The moisture damage I was told can easily come from having phone in your pocket and sweating. Here in Houston, TX we have very high humidity and sweating is always an issue.

hope this helps.

So I've had the iPhone for over a year, and my upgrade isn't available yet. So for apple to repair it, they'll probably charge a lot. I would take it in to have them look at it, but I live 4 hours from an apple store. I know I live in the middle of know where. Anyways I was looking on the internet and saw I can buy a new dock connector for 30 bucks. Any thoughts on just getting a new connector fixing the problem? Or would it be something more?