What's new

iPhone 4 with AT&T pay as you go

wegotmac

Reaction score
Ok.. for any of you that have an iPhone 4 just sitting in the box, or only being used as a $650 iPod Touch, go down to your local AT&T dealer and ask for a pay as you go sim, you can buy as little as $15 or you can do an all-you-can-eat for $60 a month- unlimited voice and text.

Then take the sim and cut it down to fit in the iPhone 4's micro sim tray, using the sim that comes with the iPhone 4 as your template.

Pop it in and you're golden.

We posted a video up. www dot facebook dot com/wegotmac

Ok.. for any of you that have an iPhone 4 just sitting in the box, or only being used as a $650 iPod Touch, go down to your local AT&T dealer and ask for a pay as you go sim, you can buy as little as $15 or you can do an all-you-can-eat for $60 a month- unlimited voice and text.

Then take the sim and cut it down to fit in the iPhone 4's micro sim tray, using the sim that comes with the iPhone 4 as your template.

Pop it in and you're golden.

We posted a video up. www dot facebook dot com/wegotmac

All you can do with your solution is use the iphone as a cell phone and text messaging system. You can just buy a cheap phone to do that. Without the iPhone data plan you can't do much with it.

I don't think a lot of people paid $650 for an unactivated iPhone4.

why do you need the data plan?

Ok, just in case you're seriously asking, you need a data plan for any time you want to access the internet while away from a wifi network or hotspot. Even something as lowly as looking up the weather or using google maps for directions will require a data connection. edit: I deleted the sentence about a pay-per-KB for data as you can't activate the iPhone without a data plan. Even a apay as you go set-up like WegotoMac mentions is a voice and data plan.

And I totally agree with 1badsup- who the hell spends 200-600 bucks on this phone, doesn't want or doesn't want to pay for, a data plan?! Lol

Last edited:
I agree I use Wi Fi at home to cut down on data use but if your on the road or someplace else without Wi Fi you need at least a basic data plan to get full use of the Iphone.