What's new

iPhone 4 Vs. iPhone 3GS - Start Up Times

PhilSynowiec

iPhoneForums.net News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJFJSoNDzZM[/ame]​

Just made a video on how long it takes for the iPhone 4 to start up against the 3GS. In the end, the iPhone 4 won of course, but only by about 4 seconds. Still an improvement, but I was expecting it to be much faster than the 3GS.

Results:
iPhone 4 - 29 Seconds
iPhone 3GS - 33 Seconds

Hope you guys enjoy the video!

great video, only 4 seconds but still i bet the games and so on load much quicker and multi tasking apps works much better too. i never had the 3gs but compared to the 3g its lightening speed lol

Actually, I loaded up Real Racing on the 3GS and iPhone 4 and the same time, the 3GS won. But thats probably because the game's graphics are improved on the 4 and take a little longer to load. For instance if I have a game thats no optimized for the 4, it will load faster than the 3gs.

I've found that newer stuff, while faster, takes longer to boot due to the bloated software or firmware. If we never improved the hardware, we'd have to boot on Saturday to use it on Monday.

Actually, I loaded up Real Racing on the 3GS and iPhone 4 and the same time, the 3GS won. But thats probably because the game's graphics are improved on the 4 and take a little longer to load. For instance if I have a game thats no optimized for the 4, it will load faster than the 3gs.

really? so the game has to be made with iphone 4 in mind for it to load faster? i did notice at the wwdc sites where loading faster on the 3gs.. or was that just me