What's new

iPhone 4 to PC video calling?

iGaz

Reaction score
Is there an app (preferably free) that will allow me to video call relatives in Australia form the UK from my iPhone to their PC? None of them have smartphones and barely know how to work a computer so it also needs to be fairly simple. Will skype work to a PC and is it free?

My wife is due soon and Im hoping to surprise her after the event as she hasn't seen them for quite some time...

Is there an app (preferably free) that will allow me to video call relatives in Australia form the UK from my iPhone to their PC? None of them have smartphones and barely know how to work a computer so it also needs to be fairly simple. Will skype work to a PC and is it free?

My wife is due soon and Im hoping to surprise her after the event as she hasn't seen them for quite some time...
Try yahoo messenger. All you need is a yahoo account (free) not sure if the video chat works when calling a Mac but it does to a PC. I use it to for video calls from my iPhone to my daughter who lives in the UK. Not great video quality but it works.
SKYPE will work for free voice calls from the iPhone to a PC but it does not have video from the iPhone For me the voice call quality from my iPhone and iPad to the UK has been just as good as a phone call

Last edited:
Is that the only option we iPhone users have?

I'll try the yahoo messenger.

Thanks...

Is that the only option we iPhone users have?

I'll try the yahoo messenger.

Thanks...

There is an App called Tango that I use also that does a good job with video calls. For me the quality has been better than the Yahoo Messenger, BUT, I am not sure if it can be put on a PC Works great mobile to mobile. Also, unlike the iPhone Face Talk, yahoo and Tango will work on 3G.

Last edited:
I use tango it's great. Doesn't work with PC's as far as I'm aware...

also try fring... its a all in one app that has skype msn facebook..etc and it works making calls from phone to pc/mac

lol Fring is disgustingly bad :p
but if you can use it iphone to pc it would be good

Kl. I've downloaded it. Not had a chance to use it yet. Think I'll create a yahoo account as that seems to work with most of the apps so I can compare. Try and get round to it to night...

nooo not yahoo.. why would you do that? yahoo sucks, on a seperate note when i last used fring the video calling only worked with skype... maybe its been upgraded to work with yahoo and msn..

I know one of my relatives uses it for sending emails from down under. Fring has the little yahoo face in it but I haven't tried it yet so I don't know if it works. I've also got the yahoo app so it saves making up two separate accounts. Still looking for other options. Would be nice if tango worked to a pc. I've used it to phones and was quite pleased with it...