What's new

Iphone 4 stuck in recovery mode please help

toulan

Reaction score
i restored a custom 4.3.3 ipsw and right after the restore is done the phone gets in recovery mode. i tried to kick it out of recovery mode using TinyUmbrella "Exit Recovery" and "Fix Recovery" but it didn't work. i tried iREB "Set Auto-Boot True" and that didn't work.

I tried to restore it again and got the same issue. I don't know what can i do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

I got it from xSellize

Any thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do u have to use a costum firmware? What about using the one downloaded by itunes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because i need to unlock it and want to keep the baseband, and also i am using windows so i can't use redsn0w.

Sorry, I've had to remove the links to comply with the fourm rules. That's my fault I should of been more clear.

Have you tried making your own using snowbreeze...?

no actually i haven't done that because i am afraid to mee it up and update my baseband.

Because i need to unlock it and want to keep the baseband, and also i am using windows so i can't use redsn0w.

U can use redsnow on windows without troubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I belive you can use redsnow with your custom ipsw no problem. I don't know if you need to point it at the official ipsw or your custom one, however, I don't think I would make any difference.

I would still suggest making your own custom ipsw using snowbreeze...

Actually it is working perfectly now, all i needed to do is deleted the sauriks server from hosts file AND clear the DNS cashe.

Ahh the hosts file. Should of thought of that. Lol.

Glad your all sorted now...