What's new

iphone 4 says this accesory is not optimized with this iphone ??

j3rz3yb0y

Reaction score
hey my iphone 4 keeps showing this message it says this accesory is not optimized for this iphone ..it charges fine but like i cant hear the click noise when i open and close my phone and also the volume bar in the ipod is gone..but when i use headphones everything is fine no message or anything..and also when i put it on the charging dock it works perfectly fine aswell but as soon as i take it off the charging dock after 5 sec it gives me the same message..do i need to replace the chraging port or what ?4

j3rz3yb0y said:
hey my iphone 4 keeps showing this message it says this accesory is not optimized for this iphone ..it charges fine but like i cant hear the click noise when i open and close my phone and also the volume bar in the ipod is gone..but when i use headphones everything is fine no message or anything..and also when i put it on the charging dock it works perfectly fine aswell but as soon as i take it off the charging dock after 5 sec it gives me the same message..do i need to replace the chraging port or what ?4

Try to do a hard reset and see if that helps. Hold the power/wake button and the home button down at the same time until your phone starts to reboot.

Let us know if that works!

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply but I already tried that and it didn't work. I also reset all the settings and that also did not work. My iPhone is jailbroken so I downloaded pop up blocker from cydia to block the annoying pop up but the problem it self still remains.

I had a very similar problem with the 3GS. Turned out there was water damage at the bottom of the phone...

my phone fell in the water too... i put it in rice for 2 days and it everything seems to work fine it just gives me that error... what did u do to fix yours ?

Normally water damage isn't covered under warranty but I still got a replacement. Apple also do a replacement service for a fee...

i rather just sell the phone jus like that and get the 4s coming out lol