What's new

Iphone 4 restoring problem

kraj24365

Reaction score
Friends.. Good afternoon.. Am rajesh from andhrapradesh. i have a problem regarding my iphone 4, purchased from a friend (He brought that phone from UK). Am a new user to iphone. I dont know even about the IOS version also (i purchased that phone on 5th Oct, 2011). and i unlocked the phone using gevey chip and continued with my airtel connection in that.

slowly i acquainted with the phone using itunes to download the applications from app stores. one fine morning itunes asked me to update with a newer verion 10.5, i downloaded the same. and the other day it asked me to download IOS5, i downloaded the same. after 2 days unfortunately i pressed the update IOS button, when i connect my phone to the windows pc. IOS5 gets updated on my iphone 4.

After updation my iphone is asking me to configure. i selected 'english' as language, 'india' as country, disabled location services and proceeded for the next step. there it is asking for 'wifi connection' or 'connection to the itunes'. there i got stuckup. no further steps. if i connect to the itunes it is saying that 'please insert the original SIM'. my sim is showing 'no service'.

later i tried to restore the IOS 4.0.1. 4.2.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5. everytime am getting the same problem error 3194. even i dont know, which IOS was used earlier in my phone. my worry is, i dont have the backup of 'shsh' file.

can i use my iphone 4 again as earlier...??

i request you to please tell me the way to restore my phone.

thanQ,

Rajesh.

Welcome to the forum!

You cannot downgrade fimrware with no SHSH's so you are just wasting your time trying,

Iphones from the uk are factory unlocked unless bought from a carrier