What's new

New Guy iTunes syncing-restoring multiple ihone's having problems

IOS_User

Reaction score
I am somewhat new to iTunes and how it works when syncing-restoring phones. Seems like I usually have problems with missing apps (recent ones) and restoring music is confusing to me.

But now I have a new problem.

Last week I restored my phone to factory & (upgraded IOS) then restored from a backup (from that same day on my computer) I had some missing apps but I always did so not much of a problem.

My mom came over yesterday and I did the same thing to her phone (first time with her phone on my computer) What I did was authorize this computer, transfer purchases, did a backup to this computer then did a factory restore & upgraded (IOS version) then restored her phone from that backup a made a few minutes ago. It put in her apps & mine. (not paid apps only free apps)

I then restored my phone again yesterday to factory (& upgraded the IOS again) then I did a restore that I created from that day to. It did the same thing it merged our apps (not paid apps) but the free ones. But then I noticed it also switched our Apple id's on our phones.

I then tried to do a different restore to my phone from my computer I created last week (before her phone was ever attached to my computer) and it still has her Apple id on my phone. I even did a restore (from phone) erased everything & setup as a new device and then signed into my Apple id (and it did and was like a new phone) then I went to restore from the backup from last week and it put in her Apple id again.

Everything else like email accounts, messages etc are correct.

What am I doing wrong?
What is going on here?
Thanks

Last edited: