What's new

iPhone 4 on.. what G?

I think I have installed a app that's taken over my phone as it show 4g. We do not have this on the uk. When my phone is in safe mode it correctly shows 3G

Um, what?

This is a discussion vs Data 3G and LTE 4G, nothing about the 3G vs 3GS models of the iPhone.

When i look at iphone 3g vs 3gs , though both of them look same, actually there are a lot of differences in them.The processor of iPhone 3G is ARM 11 running on 412 MHz, while that of 3GS is ARM Cortex A-8 running on 600 MHz.Camera of 3G is 2.0 megapixel and it has fixed focus, while that of 3GS is 3.0 megapixel and auto focus with auto white balance as well as macro mode.it didn't have video recording and voice control features, while 3GS is with 30fps VGA along with on-device editing capability and a voice control feature which enables you for dialing numbers, playing songs, calling contacts and much more with your voice.Graphic capability of 3G is Open GL ES 1.1 and that of 3GS is OpenGL ES 2.0.There are no Nike+ support and integrated magnetic compass in 3G, while 3GS features them.Wireless technology of 3G includes 3.6 Mbps HSDPA, WiFi and Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR, while that of 3GS includes 7.2 Mbps HSDPA, WiFi and Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR. The download speed of 3GS is much faster, than 3G
iphone 3g vs 3gs

Hmmm. I got my Verizon iPhone when it came out a couple of months ago, and I'm sure it used to say 3G up in the menu bar, but now it says Verizon. This past week the company announced 4G service in selected areas of South Carolina (including Hilton Head where I live).

In Settings/General/Network it also says Verizon.

So, is my former 3G now getting 4G service?

It SHOULD show a signal strength meter in the upper left, the text "Verizon" immediately to the right of that, and "3G" to the right of the "Verizon" text.

If it shows a WiFi indicator instead of "3G", it means you are connected to wifi for data. If it shows a small circle, then you are not getting 3G coverage; I believe the small circle means 1xRTT

It is technologically impossible for an iPhone 4 to connect to a 4G network, since the chipset for 4G does not exist within the iPhone 4.