What's new

Unlocked iPhone?

cenafuangle

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm new here, so please correct me if I violated any rules to this forum.

Okay so recently my friend just bought an 4s now she's selling her iPhone to me, now I think there's already an unlock tool for Iphone4. Now does that mean I'll be able to use my own sim card from my old ATT phone without having to sign a new contract with them? Currently my phone does not have anything other than unlimited talk plan, will it work on the iPhone? I have no idea how unlocked phones work, really need help with this. Answers will be greatly appreciated.

As long as it's a GSM 4 you won't have to worry about unlocking. You'll have to go through At&t to get a Micro-sim (the 4 & 4S use this style sim card) however w/ your info on it.

Thanks for the reply, but I have no idea what is a GSM, can you please explain?
Also if I require a micro sim card will they charge me for it? Currently I'm paying only 10 dollars a month for only talking service, will I need to have pay for the data plan?

GSM is the technology AT&T phones use... as opposed to CDMA technology that Sprint & Verizon use.

Chances are AT&T will charge you for a new micro SIM card... but you might get lucky on that one. Just depends on how well you sweet talk them... LOL!!

Yes, AT&T requires most smartphone users, iPhone included, to have some type of data plan. They start @ $15/mo USD for 200MB.

Hi everyone I'm new here, so please correct me if I violated any rules to this forum.

Okay so recently my friend just bought an 4s now she's selling her iPhone to me, now I think there's already an unlock tool for Iphone4. Now does that mean I'll be able to use my own sim card from my old ATT phone without having to sign a new contract with them? Currently my phone does not have anything other than unlimited talk plan, will it work on the iPhone? I have no idea how unlocked phones work, really need help with this. Answers will be greatly appreciated.

Not sure, but as I understand it the iphone 4 from verizon did not have a SIM chip in it. I say that because I wanted to buy it, but I need a phone I can use overseas when I travel and verizon told me it could not be done with the iphone 4 as it had no SIM chip.That is why I had to wait for the 4s that just came out.

Have a great day,
HiddenPuppy

I guess a good question to ask and clear up a little confusion here would be... is the iPhone she's passing on to you from AT&T or Verizon/Sprint? Thanks!

thomasjtsi said:
I guess a good question to ask and clear up a little confusion here would be... is the iPhone she's passing on to you from AT&T or Verizon/Sprint? Thanks!

Sprint doesn't have the iPhone 4 right just the 4s. Nevermind. Don't even reply.

Last edited: