What's new

iPhone 4 now and unlimited data or iPhone 5 later with tiered plan?

temples_of_syrinx

Reaction score
Pretty much what it says. I did do some simple searching and didn't find much.

Obviously, this is opinion and guess work, but since you all are verizon customers, I thought I would see what you would do.

My contract with Sprint is up at the end of the month. Both wife and I are on crappy phones. However, with the strong rumors of a new iPhone in September, we could wait, probably. I also know I would have strong buyer's regret if I bought an iPhone this close to a new model coming out.

That said, I have a feeling we'll both want to watch movies and things, so I'm sure the data usage will be high, at least in spurts. With the unlimited data going away in August (from most rumors), which would be more important to you?

Would you wait until September, or would you grab now and just try to ignore the new phone for two years?

Why don't you see about getting another data phone off eBay or such and establishing your account with Verizon and the unlimited plan. I'm not positive, but I think if you provide the phone at the start and lock in your contract without purchasing a discounted through them, you'll have the upgrade discount when the iPhone comes around.

I'm not positive about that, so might want to check with a Verizon store and see if that is possible. I believe it is.

I would get the iphone 4. The iphone 5 is not going to be a huge evolution over the 4. Rumor has it that it will have a faster processor, a 3.7-4 inch screen with the same size as the 4, 8-megapixel camera, 32 gig as the base phone. It is not going to be 4G LTE.

If you can live w/o the above, then get the ihpone 4 on a two year contract. When the contract is up, get the iphone 6. That will be a complete redesign and will be 4G LTE.

sure that the next iphone will not have come to with the 4G???

I would get the iphone 4. The iphone 5 is not going to be a huge evolution over the 4. Rumor has it that it will have a faster processor, a 3.7-4 inch screen with the same size as the 4, 8-megapixel camera, 32 gig as the base phone. It is not going to be 4G LTE.

If you can live w/o the above, then get the ihpone 4 on a two year contract. When the contract is up, get the iphone 6. That will be a complete redesign and will be 4G LTE.

Everything you just said is pure speculation... there is no known, factual information, just rumors on the iPhone 5, and no rumor can be taken as fact.

And stating that an "iPhone 6" would be a complete redesign is just using Apples track records (which obviously broke this year as there was no iPhone 4GS(5) this June) leave everyone guessing.

Please dont add to the Rumor Mill... .its already spinning fast enough!

sure that the next iphone will not have come to with the 4G???

I really don't see that happening. They are still working the kinks out of the 4G system and Apple doesn't typically like being an early adopter with all of the headaches that go along with it. Also, 4G still isn't hugely prominent yet.

I would expect them to wait until the next iteration to jump on the 4G bandwagon. By then the system will be settling down.