What's new

Iphone 4 & Microsoft Sync

kucarachi

Reaction score
I have the iphone 4 plugged into my sync with the usb cord that it came with. It works fine but when i plug it in the sync turns on when i am in ipod settings and i cant do anything with the ipod portion of the phone unless its by voice. The problem is when i play the videos for my son it just shows the sync screen and i can sometimes hear the video but never see it.

I want to be able to charge it with the sync while my son is watching it...is there a way to play the video through sync and be able to see it and not the sync screen? thanks for any help....i know i can always buy a car charger but the 30 bucks would be better spent on diapers if someone knows a way around this.

Its mostly dependent on the car audio system. I don't think sync is built with a video input.. Atleast not over USB. I'm supprised it doesn't charge but it may not be a powered USB.

actually it does charge it thats why i use it in the car..and i can use the USB Sync function just fine. I just wondered if there was a way to play the video, get the audio and have it charge all with that one wire. Seems though as soon as you plug in any ipod, or iphone you get the default ford sync screen and cant do anything with the ipod section of that device.

how do you get the volume to be the same when you you go from sync to the iphone( now when it goes to iphone volume is very low.