What's new

Iphone 4 jailbreak

alextaras

Reaction score
If I jailbreak IOS 6, would it be possible for me to back up all my stuff before jailbreaking it so if I ever want to un-jailbreak the iPhone, i can get all my apps, messages, pics, and music back? Of so, how can I do it?

Connect to iTunes... choose your iDevice from the colomn on the left... right click and choose "backup."

Thomasjtsi said:
Connect to iTunes... choose your iDevice from the colomn on the left... right click and choose "backup."

Thanks!

Thomasjtsi said:

What about pictures and stuff like that how do you back that up ?

You can plug in your device and individually sync them to make sure they're on both the PC and the device itself.

Or if you want to manually backup and guarantee that you get everything, just use iExplorer. It's a free or paid tool that roots your device so you can copy and paste the DIRECT files from your iPhone onto your computer. You can manually drag and backup your music, pictures, videos, SMS, contacts, etc etc. To re-sync them, either drag and drop the entire load of files, or manually sync them using iTunes.

Here's the link for iExplorer.
iExplorer - iPhone, iPad Music & File Transfer App - Mac & PC

Always use iTunes as your first port of call when it comes to backing up your iDevice...

A backup via iTunes will back up EVERYTHING... Music,Apps,SMS,Emails,Settings,Photos, basically everything...

Connect to iTunes... choose your iDevice from the column on the left... right click and choose "backup."

It's way easier to use iTunes as outlined by Thomasjtsi ​then setting up a third party software...

I have been searching and searching for an UNTETHERED jialbreak for IOS6 and my iphone 4. Does anyone a good place to get it and do it? Something fairly easy or painless is preferable for me. Not that tech SAVVY. I dont know where to ask.

I have been searching and searching for an UNTETHERED jialbreak for IOS6 and my iphone 4. Does anyone a good place to get it and do it? Something fairly easy or painless is preferable for me. Not that tech SAVVY. I dont know where to ask.
An Untethered JB for iOS 6, for the iPhone 4, doesn't exist yet. You can use redsn0w 0.9.15b2 for a Tethered Only JB at this time.

An Untethered JB for iOS 6, for the iPhone 4, doesn't exist yet. You can use redsn0w 0.9.15b2 for a Tethered Only JB at this time.

If its tehtered doesnt that mean that everytime I turn off my phone then back on I need to plug it in to my computer?

If its tehtered doesnt that mean that everytime I turn off my phone then back on I need to plug it in to my computer?
Correct... you'll need to connect it to a computer w/ iTunes and the latest version of redsn0w to "Just Boot."

How often do you even turn off your phone. I mean it probably costs less battery consumption to leave your phone in standby than to constantly boot it up again