What's new

iphone 4 iOS 4.2 battery life

Well, I never said I was smart. Yes, I updated to 4.2.1 and maybe should have thought about that. The good news is that after the additional hard resets, I'm now three days into a full charge and only down to 69%. Admittedly, I haven't used it much, but the performance prior to the resets had been a day, maybe two on a charge (without even using the thing).

Definitley sounds good so far, after 3 days. Just remember to close all open apps (you know how, right?) when not using them and turn off 3G and cellular overnight. Keep in touch.

Well, I never said I was smart. Yes, I updated to 4.2.1 and maybe should have thought about that. The good news is that after the additional hard resets, I'm now three days into a full charge and only down to 69%. Admittedly, I haven't used it much, but the performance prior to the resets had been a day, maybe two on a charge (without even using the thing).
Can you tell me you experience with 3 day? What app you are using? Are you using for check email? Foursquare (need GPS), Facebook, Twitter? or only turn on your phone by doing nothing?

My experience now with 6 complete days on this battery charge is 20%, pretty much what it had been before the problems. I don't know what "fixed" it. I had been doing hard re-sets all along, but the last one may have worked.

I have everything, including GPS, WIFI, turned off. I can turn them back on when I need them. I will starting using some of those facilities to see if one of them was causing the problems. I don't use my phone for email at all. Still, I was using the phone just the same when the battery was only lasting a day or two, so there has been a real difference. Overnight, from 10:00 PM until 7:00 AM, with the phone on standby, it had been losing 15% of its charge. Now it is losing maybe 2 or 3% or even less.

Hope this is helpful.

It is normal, Smartphones run out of power quickly. Buy a battery case is a good choice