What's new

iphone 4 Help

rangie

Reaction score
Hello All
Apologies if this or a similar request of help has been previoiusly made. I am going demented after almost 2 days of frustration overload.
For some reason, none I can recall my ip4 has the following issues
Thouigh it indicates Bluetooth is on and it gives my server details. At the top of te screen there is a pale Bluetooth icon. To the left of the top of screen it states giffgaff of whom I pay my monthly subscription. It begins to search for devices to pair eg my PC but doesnt find a sinmgle machine or another ip I tried to Bluetooth with. Equally, neither my PC or a separate ip are discoverable. I have checked the icons of the pull up screen and all that is connected is the wifi, bluetooth, portrait orientation lock on. I have checked my PC is switched to discoverable, but it doesnt show the iphone. I have run software on the PC and sfc \scannow bujt Phew! I am still no nearer :( Please can amnyone assist??
rangie

Hello Scifan57
Thanks for your assistance. Unfortunately :(, resetting All Settings as well trying just reset network sadly All have not cured the problem. So, I am still none the wiser except MUCH closer to banging a wall into my brain.

Does your iPhone pair with Bluetooth accessories, such as headsets (e.g.)?

Hi
No the iphone doesn 't pakr with the PC or any other device, it used to. It just keeps searching for any device. PC is switched to be visible. Phone is saying it is connected to my PC internet server,TalkTalk but is working through my phone provider server GiffGaff all of the time. The last thing I am about to try, is to reset phone and wipe everything. A fatal move but 2.5 days getting nowhere has to come to an end!

Try turning Bluetooth off and on again.

Reset your iPhone using Home and Power button. Press and hold them until you see the Apple logo, then release them. Your device will power up on it's own.
If there is a device in Settings - Bluetooth on your iPhone, tap the i button (info) and select "Forget this device". Try to connect again after doing so.

If your iPhone isn't up to date (iOS 9.0.2 for iPhone 4s and later), update it.

If this doesn't help, restore it using iTunes. Make sure there's a recent backup before restoring. It's possible to restore from that backup afterwards. If this doesn't fix your problem, try setting it up as new.

The last solution would be to contact Apple or take it to the next Apple Retail Store.

Try turning Bluetooth off and on again.

Reset your iPhone using Home and Power button. Press and hold them until you see the Apple logo, then release them. Your device will power up on it's own.
If there is a device in Settings - Bluetooth on your iPhone, tap the i button (info) and select "Forget this device". Try to connect again after doing so.

If your iPhone isn't up to date (iOS 9.0.2 for iPhone 4s and later), update it.

If this doesn't help, restore it using iTunes. Make sure there's a recent backup before restoring. It's possible to restore from that backup afterwards. If this doesn't fix your problem, try setting it up as new.

The last solution would be to contact Apple or take it to the next Apple Retail Store.

Hi Buddy
MANY THANKS for your time and patience. Update! I have wiped phone and started from afresh. The phone gave me alternative carriers and the first time I chose TalkTalk (O2) moving on I was given a prompt of a carrier update which I upgraded. This chaged the top left side of screen to indicate carier now being giffgaff. Originally up to the point of a u to carrier had displayed O2 (Talktalk) So, re wiped and this time I did not take the carrier upgrade and so phone shows being O2 as carrier. When I am away from home will I be unable to use unless I re wipe and take the upgrade to carrier?
Phone and PC still do not show any discovery of each other? Yet phone indicates in setting bluetooth is on and wifi is O2 BUT No icon to display bluetooth working? Maybe time to shoot it and gain my life back! :)