What's new

iphone 4 help! - the loading icon keeps on flickering on and off

dcmendoza

Reaction score
need help. the loading icon (the one that revolves like a fan when your loading or downloading stuff) keeps on flickering on and off. when this happens, the unit's response to any of my inputs is slow/delayed. now, when I try to delete a whole thread in messages, the big red DELETE button appears for a second then disappears again. what gives?

dcmendoza said:
need help. the loading icon (the one that revolves like a fan when your loading or downloading stuff) keeps on flickering on and off. when this happens, the unit's response to any of my inputs is slow/delayed. now, when I try to delete a whole thread in messages, the big red DELETE button appears for a second then disappears again. what gives?

Try hard resetting

hard resetting? you mean turn it off then on again?

dcmendoza said:
hard resetting? you mean turn it off then on again?

Yeah. Hold the sleep button and the home button until you see the apple logo

yeah. did that a couple of time. didnt work.

this is the second time already. the first time it happened was when I updated apps simultaneously. obviously that strained the phone since the updating would start then stop then start again (in and out of my home wifi). Now, Im not updating anything. whats connected would be my office email and that connects whenever there is free wifi and whenever I am in the office only.