What's new

IPhone 4 for college notes or iPad????

Roman_blanco25

Reaction score
Should I use my iPhone 4 with a Bluetooth keyboad for taking notes in college or should i just buckle down and get An iPad???

It's been awhile since I last attended class but I liked using my phone it was a palm back then and I had a keyboard for it. I liked using the phone because my notes were always in my pocket. Wait in line = study and so on.

as much as i want to say use the phone because you already have one and don't have to go out and buy something new lol but i just think that maybe some of the notes in college might be a little hard to record on the phone.

Aren't there any apps for for notetaking.... I thought I read somewhere there is an app where it allows you to record the class and tame notes ...

phil did a review on the ipad along with some keyboard/case thing, it looked pretty promising you should go check it out and see if its for you or not you can still find under the iphone news section i think, and if not just go to his youtube channel

I think an iPad is more convenient for you to use, definetly you much consider what you will need the iPhone 4 or the iPad to do? Such as for business or just for daily use. I think an iPad can be more necessary for business. And you may get an iPad case just like this, it will seem that you have an mini laptop.

Have the Apple Bluetooth KB and use it with my iPhone. Not in college, but I bought "Awesome Note", and I use it for alot of staff meeting notes. Awesome note allows syncing with Google Docs, which I do after every meeting, so my notes are backed up. Easy to export them to Word or anything from Google Docs. There's probably a note taking app that allows you to draw while note taking, which is the only thing I see harder on the iPhone. I love the setup though.

Since I got the iphone, I hardly use the ipad any more. The iphone is just too convenient in size. Google docs syncing is where its at for access anytime, any device.

With the external keyboard, take your devise with you in your pocket.

This is from a user that has both devices, but only sees the need for one.

Save your money on the ipad purchase.

Sean

If you can afford it, I'd go for the Ipad. The Iphone is nice but, the Ipad would be much better for taking notes.

I use both for my business and the Ipad is so much easier to type on. With the Timemaster app, I can enter client information on my Ipad, then sync it with the Iphone for tracking time onsite.