What's new

IPhone 4 File manager?

lloydfan4life

Reaction score
I've done a search on the forum but haven't quite been able to find the answer I'm looking for. I'm new here and this is only my second post so possibly I'm just not looking in the right area?

Is there a way (via app or operating system) to be able to browse files right on my IPhone? Sorta like a 'My Computer' function in windows. Some type of file manager.

I'd like to be able to see all the files, whether it be photos, videos, music, apps, etc. that are on my phone. I am most interested in being able to see the properties of the files.... size mostly.

I believe I can accomplish this while my phone is hooked to my pc, but I'd like to be able to on the go also.

Can anyone help.... or shed some knowledge of how to find this info if it's something already included in the IPhone software?

Thanks in advance!
John

No, that is why the iPhone is easiest to use. There Is no accessible "file system". You can see how much memory you have left under settings.

No, that is why the iPhone is easiest to use. There Is no accessible "file system". You can see how much memory you have left under settings.

Thanks for the quick response! Even though there is no "file system" is there still a way to see properties for files? ie... photos and videos in albums.

Again... looking mostly to be able to tell the file size.

Thanks again.

Settings>General>About is going to be about as close as your going to get on the phone without jailbreaking...

Settings>General>Usage>Storage. It usually takes my phone aobut 15 seconds and then you get a list of the whats on the phone and how much storage they are using.