What's new

iOS 3.1 File Manager Issue - Beginner Question

anuj247

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a problem and I've tried to use Google to solve this but I must not be searching for the right thing.

I recently got my hands on an iPhone 3GS which is running the iOS 3.1.

This phone used to belong to a friend of mine and it is full of apps.

I've been using whatsapp to send and receive messages and my girlfriend leaves me voicemails on that all the time. For the last 2 days I am unable to open her voicemails.

If I had an Android phone there would be a file manager like ES File Manager or the stock file manager and I could go into Whatsapp to their media and delete the previous voicemails. However, I do not know how to do this on the iPhone 3GS.

Can someone please please help me? I want to delete the old voicemails so I can make room for new ones. What should I do? Please do help.

Thank you and I really appreciate this.

Thank you so much for responding so soon!

The thing is my girlfriend has an Android...so we use Whatsapp because its compatible for both of us. The voicemails we leave each other aren't technically "voicemails" because they're sent as audio files. That is how she can access her Android file manager, go to her Whatsapp folder, go to Whatsapp Media, then click on Audio, select all and delete.

This should be similar for iOS too, right?

am I explaining this correctly? I've never posted on tech forums so I apologize if I'm not being clear enough.

That is the App I am already using.

Perhaps my fault is making this more complicated.

If I was using my girlfriend's Android phone, and if my memory was getting over, I would simply go to the stock app for File Explorer on her phone called "My Files". Next, I would go to "Whatsapp" in the folder list, in that I would go to "Whatsapp Media" next "Audio" and then delete the old audio files.

How do I do this exact thing on the iOS 3.1, sir?

whats stopping you from upgrading os? and sticking to a very old ios version?

Umm...That is true lol..

If I upgrade the OS what difference will it make? Does the new OS allow me to do what I want to do - i.e. explore files?

Oh wow thank you. I will go through the process of upgrading now. Sigh! This is going to be a long night.

Thank you so much once again, sir.

I managed to sort this out, actually.

You scroll up to where the "Read Earlier Messages" option pops up and you'll see an "Edit" button. Click that and you can delete individual messages.

I've deleted the other Audio files and boom, there is space now :)

^^^ Most definitely. But, I wanted to post the solution here incase anyone uses the search button :)

I'm going to upgrade this coming weekend.

Thank you so much for helping, sir!