What's new

Iphone 4 camera not working

thomismydad

Reaction score
Tried logging into apple to post this question but can't login for some reason. I have an Iphone 4 that is on ios5 since 10/12. When entering into the camera app it comes up as normal, I hit the snap picture button and it crashes. It also crashes when I click on the camera roll, but I can see the most recent picture I took, prior to the crashing business. I've tried taking pictures with both the front and rear cameras and have the same result. Also I took a look in my settings under general and about my phone reports that I have 2,147,483,647 pictures stored on it (obviously not true) but I have 2.8 GB available.

Any idea on how to fix this? I have reset and turned the phone on and off. I've synced with my computer. I've avoided restoring so far as I was worried about losing pictures, but I've been able to locate them in photostream, so I'll try that next unless someone has a suggestion. Thanks.

If a hard reboot doesn't fix it, then you have to do a restore to cause both the file system and counters to restore to a known good point.

The restore didin't seem to fix the issue either. On hold with apple care now.