What's new

iPhone 4 bricked after ios 6.1.3 untethered to ios 7.0.4 update?

ScootMcGoot

Reaction score
Hey guys I am new to the forum but not new to jailbreaking iDevices but this one has me stumped. My sister accidentally upgraded her iPhone 4 with iOS 6.1.3 unthethered which failed and put the iphone into a apple logo reboot loop. When I got the iPhone from her I immediately tried to do the restore again but this time in DFU mode figuring it would work. Now I get a 3195 error from itunes which is the error you get when the either the apple servers tell you your device is not eligible or cannot contact the server.

I have checked to make sure I have no hosts file entries re-directing the traffic to elsewhere which is the most common issue it it still does not work. It fails almost instantly with the same error each and every time i try to do this. I have ensured that I am using the latest version of iTunes and even tried to download the IPSW for this device directly and perform a shift+restore to select the file I had downloaded.

One more thing to note is that I tried to get the SHSH blobs for this phone but failed. I don't know why I cannot get the blobs from the Cydia servers as I know for a fact that they were saved there. Perhaps this is because the ios 6 blobs were deemed to be invalid.

Last edited:
6.1.3 is tethered/semi-tethered only on the iPhone 4. 6.1.3/6.1.4 was never untethered to begin with unless you're on the old bootrom 3GS.

iTunes error 3194 is a result of an incompatible IPSW or a host issue. 3195 if that's what your issue really is, is from a lack of SHSH blobs available or is a cache issue alongside incompatibility. You downloaded the IPSW, but you never stated which iPhone 4 is being restored, and which IPSW you've downloaded and attempted to use for the device. If you're getting bounced back with errors immediately in iTunes, it's because of an incompatibility from using an IPSW for one model on a device of a different model.

@Saurik has already stated (and the explanation is still there on Cydia) of why your iOS 6.0-6.1.2 SHSH blobs are invalid if they were auto-cached through Cydia and not hosted onto Cydia. Unless you used iSHSHit, TinyUmbrella, iFaith, RedSn0w, or any other methods to manually dump your SHSH blobs, your iOS 6.0-6.1.2 blobs are fragmented and unusable.