What's new

iPhone 4 apps in "waiting" mode

peanuto5

Reaction score
Hi I have tried to update some apps and now they are all in waiting mode, I can't even delete them pls help

I get this sometimes since updating to iOS 6. Here's what works for me, I can generally go to each app in question and tap it (like I'm trying to launch the app), wait a few seconds and the update seems to always proceed after that. It's like it needs an individual kick-start to get it going. I then wait for it to finish, and repeat the same procedure for each app waiting to update.

Give it a try, it works for me...

Sent from my  iPad 3

Hi I have tried to update some apps and now they are all in waiting mode, I can't even delete them pls help

Peanuto...

I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Thank you.
Ski...
iPadforums Moderator | iPhoneForums Moderator

You don't have to be rude, ok it's not like I did it on purpose, I'm still new at this.

Skimonkey wasn't being rude. She was just stating the forum rules regarding duplicate posts and in fact, she was helping you get more chance of being helped with your problem!

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

You don't have to be rude, ok it's not like I did it on purpose, I'm still new at this.

Absolutely not being rude as what Johnwolves stated.

Just trying to help you, my friend.

BTW...Your duplicate post was actually reported to us by one of our members who came upon both your posts, just so you know!

i have to reiterate what Johnwolves said,Skimonkey was simply pointing out the the forum criteria for your benefit.

Hi all, I'm new here and rather than start a new thread I have the exact same topic. I've tried tapping the icons and nothing happens. I've shut down the phone and nothing happens. Any ideas please, I'm missing my apps.......

My phone is the 4, on the latest ios.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome, and you're not ignorant peanut... You'll see soon enough how some things are here. In any case, get back with more info regarding the wait times when upgrading your apps. Have you found a solution? This is not a normal occurrence.