What's new

Iphone 4 and Microsoft Exchange

sfd4

Reaction score
Today I setup my phone with my companies email through Microsoft Exchange. I use this on my old blackberry with no issues. No with the iphone it required me to add a Passcode password. Now everytime i use phone for any reason it asks me to put in passcode. It is a pain. The option to shut off Passcodes is not allowing me to but only allows me to change to a different password. My company has no requirement which requires me add a password. Is there a way around this?

sfd4 said:
Today I setup my phone with my companies email through Microsoft Exchange. I use this on my old blackberry with no issues. No with the iphone it required me to add a Passcode password. Now everytime i use phone for any reason it asks me to put in passcode. It is a pain. The option to shut off Passcodes is not allowing me to but only allows me to change to a different password. My company has no requirement which requires me add a password. Is there a way around this?

Do you mean the passcode every time you lock your screen

I believe that once I started synching my Exchange email on my iPhone it forced me to put in a pass-code. It did not do it for any other of my 7 email accounts. I will check with my exchange admin and find out if is a exchange requirement.

Okay I just tested the following:
Removed pass code and sent /received an email using my Exchange account. So it looks like the requirement only applies to the initial setup...

When I tried to remove passcode it only allowed me to change it

IT now requires me to use the passcode to unlock the screen everytime I access the phone. What a PIA. It only started doing this when I began using Exchange. When I removed the password the Exchange email account went unlisted

Most companies require that to control unauthorized user getting on your phones. Most of them locked you from taking that passcode off as they do in our company with the managements.

iFrog said:
Most companies require that to control unauthorized user getting on your phones. Most of them locked you from taking that passcode off as they do in our company with the managements.

That's what i was thinking. That's why i asked if it was the lockscreen passcode. I would think that each company would require this to prevent unauthorized eyes from prying into company business