What's new

IPhone 4, 5.1.1, Absinthe, RedSn0w and SAM

ukrsindicat

Reaction score
AT&T Version Iphone 4 5.1.1
Baseband is 04.12.01
Hey guys, I got a question to you.
I have spent at least several days now slaving in front of the computer trying to figure out how to unlock my Iphone 4. All I want is to be able to insert my trimmed TMobile card into the phone and speak!

I tried to use RedSnow with SAM unlock. I was able to jailbreak to tetherned version(had to run Red Sn0w every reboot) then I tried to use SAM to unlock the phone to T-mobile SIM. However, SAM was telling me that my phone is

"IPhone is factory Activated- this means you are hacktivated. Until you are not hacktivated your phone you can not be activated so SAM is disabled."

Tried to use Absinthe for 5.1.1 jailbreak and was telling me either that device is not supported (after tethered Red Sn0w break) or not activated(with the original factory settings).

Once again, I don't even care about the jailbreak as much as I care about using this phone with my Tmobile service!

I bought this phone on ebay and do not have original ATT sim card. Any thoughts on this?

Update to my unlock saga. I went to local AT&T store and purchased prepay SIM card. I got my phone activated. Then I called AT&T to unlock my phone. However I hit another speed bump. They told me that form was not active for six months under my account, they unable to unlock it. This is getting ridiculous. Is there anything else I can do?

Another update: I guess *moderated* does well sometimes. I pushed to speak to corporate management and complained my ass off. As result, they just called me back and agreed to unlock. They forwarded something to my itunes and now my phone is unlocked. Ukrsindicat signing off

Last edited by a moderator:
What did you say in your complaint as I am trying to do the same thing. I have been at this for 2 weeks now when I accidentally updated my phone!!! I am going crazy about this whole unlock thing! I need to use my phone.....

I really have no idea how did it all worked out...I *moderated* that I have purchased the phone out of the contract and there should have been no reason why they couldn't unlock it. I also provided them with the copy of my Pal pal receipt of payment when they asked. I told them also that I am planning to switch to ATT once Iphone 5 gets out, however "all this push back makes me think that I really shouldn't"(which was truth). Until the last moment they kept repeating that I had to have this phone with ATT for 6 months, so I was really surprised when they finally agreed. Their whole system is *moderated* up

Last edited by a moderator: