What's new

Iphone 3gs White screen help

pouriah

Reaction score
A few days ago i randomly got the white screen. I looked it up and tried a few things. When i would press random button combos, or rub my fingers on the screen, the screen would return to normal for a little while. I was planning on taking it to the apple store, but didnt get the chance to. After a day of mashing buttons everytime the screen turned off in order to get the normal screen back, it kept getting worse. It got harder and harder to return the screen to normal. Eventually, the screen became unresponsive. Before i used to be able to answer phone calls simply buy sliding my finger where the answer button would be. I also was able to turn the iphone off by holding the sleep button and sliding my finger. but now its just white, and unresponsive to my touch. All buttons ( home, sleep, volume) work still. I have read many threads about this problem and have tried everything from button combinations to hard reset to restore to DFU restore, everything.

Here is some information you may need:

Version: 5.0.1 (9A405)
Model: MC135LL
Serial #: 79948HHH3NP
IMEI: 0 1202500 538705 8
ICCID: 8901 4104 2327 9184
Modem Firmware: 05.16.05

Do i need a new LCD? any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Hi....sounds like a possible LCD/digitizer issue....might wanna get it checked out if nothing else works.

Have you tried restoring it? Its the last resort before taking it to be serviced

Yes i have restored it and dfu restored it. my warranty has expired and apple is making me pay 30 dollars just to troubleshoot on the phone. thats why i came here