What's new

iphone 3gs, simple mobile, and iMessage

chubaka

Reaction score
I am interested in setting up an unlocked 3gs with simple mobile. Is there a way to get iMessage to work without jailbreaking ?

thanks in advance...

What do you mean? As long as you're on an everything unlimited Simple Mobile plan, you'll have data, so you can use iMessages with that. Or did you mean something else

What do you mean? As long as you're on an everything unlimited Simple Mobile plan, you'll have data, so you can use iMessages with that. Or did you mean something else

So if I send a message to another iPhone user it will go through as an iMessage not a text message if i have a data plan? I saw a couple of iPhones that when you sent out messages to other iPhones, they went through as text messages, not iMessages. But now that you mention it, it may be because they had no data plan.

Last edited:
iMesssages uses data/wifi to message. As long as you have data/wifi access when you send the message to another i-user, it'll go through iMessages instead of regular SMS.

iMesssages uses data/wifi to message. As long as you have data/wifi access when you send the message to another i-user, it'll go through iMessages instead of regular SMS.

Got it.

Thanks

One point of clarification. And I only bring this up because I forced my daughter to do it. iOS and OSX users can turn off iMessage. Which means even though they have it, they will only get SMS and MMS from you.

One point of clarification. And I only bring this up because I forced my daughter to do it. iOS and OSX users can turn off iMessage. Which means even though they have it, they will only get SMS and MMS from you.

Which comes in handy if you toggle Wifi/Data like me. Double messages popping up everywhere because one's SMS and the other is iMessages..... Annoying but whatever it takes to conserve a little battery