What's new

iMessage help

BatEars

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I upgraded my iPhone 4 the other day without any problems and iMessage worked fine and I tested it out with a friend.
I updated my girlfriends iPhone 3GS and everything seems good except iMessage won't work

Hi, it will help if you mention whats the problem, why it don't work?

Thats what I don't understand. It come up with iMessage as if it is working. And it starts to send but stop at the last second and says message sending failed. Normal message works though.

jsouthernindiana said:
Is she sending it to another ios5 user. I think it's only compatible with ios5

iOS 5 will be the only OS that support iMessage right now

I have downloaded the app an regesterd on the imessenger but after that it just says connecting and wont let me do anything. Why could this be and how can i resolve it? I have tried removing the app and re-downloading it. Thanks x

I have downloaded the app an regesterd on the imessenger but after that it just says connecting and wont let me do anything. Why could this be and how can i resolve it? I have tried removing the app and re-downloading it. Thanks x

IMessage is built into the messages app. You can't remove it from the device. If you have it enabled you'll notice the send button change from green to blue while messaging other iOS 5 devices.

I am having the exact same problem with my iPad 2! I just updated everything yesterday, and initially it was working fine, but it suddenly stopped. I'm also having a problem with my FaceTime now. Does anyone now what could be going on or how to fix it?

ann_zoe said:

I'm having the same problem too. It's not iMessage that isn't working its the iMessenger app that just keeps saying connecting. Is it a problem on apples front?

I finally figured out (through googling it!) what the problem was. I had to change my DNS to 8.8.8.8 under the settings. This is what was going on with my iPad2, i'm not sure if it will be the same for the iPhone, but maybe this will help you!

Go to settings wifi ten click < and go to
Renew lease it will
Fix the sending failure problem