What's new

iphone 3gs needs restore - broken sim reader/sleep button

yyorgi

Reaction score
I recently bought my friend's old 3gs (locked to 3) off him to use purely as an iPod and emergency phone.

The sleep/wake button was broken when I received the phone and worked fine for two months, since then the phone has stopped reading all sims (so far tried three 3 sims and a vodafone sim).
I foolishly restored the iphone on itunes as I thought this would fix the sim issue, however the phone is now in limbo.
I can't restore it with iTunes as the sim card slot is not reading any cards, nor can i jailbreak (so far I have tried three different methods) as the sleep button is broken, thus not letting me access DFU mode.
I have downloaded a couple of programs that say they enable dfu mode via command prompt but these two have proved fruitless.

Obviously the phone is out of warranty and my friend had no issues like these, so any advice on how to repair the phone myself or knowledge of places to take the phone in the Geelong/Melbourne area would be greatly appreciated

Sadly m8 you might be SOL. if the cmd prompt programs didnt work you might want to look into fixing the sleep/wake button

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Sadly m8 you might be SOL. if the cmd prompt programs didnt work you might want to look into fixing the sleep/wake button

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I might try that, thanks freebirdforever