What's new

Iphone 3gs needs love

gooberbear

Reaction score
Hello all, well where should we begin, how about the beginning (lol, sorry)

I bought a iphone off ebay (yea I know) I did know it was not working before buying (I like to tinker)

The phone was listed as does not power on and had cracked glass/digitizer

When I got it both screws on the bottom were missing (never a good sign) and I noticed both water tabs tripped (o boy)

I did the alchol swab thing and noticed connector #1 had damage on it (backlight is not working)

I also got battery since the water damage and put this on and the new screen got the apple logo and the connect to itunes after

Problem is that my pc and itunes does not know it exists and will only stay on the itunes restore screen if plugged in.

So.......how screwed am I? Ive checked the normal stuff other computer, didnt take off itunes cuz I have a first gen iphone that syncs right away. What else can I try other than finding another phone :) Thanks in advance for any help

Well, I took it apart again and I think im gonna buy a new charge port because this one is jacked up and also going to see about getting 3m adhesive strips for the battery because some reason this was not included with the battery. Ill try those and post back if that made a difference or not. This is just a project phone that if it works may use it or sell it dont know. But if there is anything else I can try let me know. Thanks again.