What's new

iPhone 3GS Jailbroken upgrade from 4.0 to 4.2

ivanpaparaka

Reaction score
Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it.

I have an iPhone 3GS (new bootrom i think) and its currently jailbroken with 4.0.1

My carrier just informed me that from next month I have to upgrade to iOS 4.2 in order to keep using my phone (WTF??)

So how do I upgrade and keep my phone jailbroken (preferably with all my data intact)

thanks in advance

ivanpaparaka said:
Hi, I'm sorry if this question has been asked before, but I can't seem to find it.

I have an iPhone 3GS (new bootrom i think) and its currently jailbroken with 4.0.1

My carrier just informed me that from next month I have to upgrade to iOS 4.2 in order to keep using my phone (WTF??)

So how do I upgrade and keep my phone jailbroken (preferably with all my data intact)

thanks in advance

Well backup your phone first. Secondly if you can get a signed 4.3.2/4.3.3 ipsw then I would upgrade and use jailbreakme.com to rejailbreak.

Well backup your phone first. Secondly if you can get a signed 4.3.2/4.3.3 ipsw then I would upgrade and use jailbreakme.com to rejailbreak'.

I don't think I can use the PDF exploit. There was something about 3GS with the new bootrom that have iOS >4.1.
So the first time I jailbroke my phone, I had to first downgrade to iOS 4.0.1 and then use jailbreakme.com

I read that I can upgrade to official 4.3.3 and then use Redsn0w to rejailbreak, but I'm kinda skeptical about it

ivanpaparaka said:
I don't think I can use the PDF exploit. There was something about 3GS with the new bootrom that have iOS >4.1.
So the first time I jailbroke my phone, I had to first downgrade to iOS 4.0.1 and then use jailbreakme.com

I read that I can upgrade to official 4.3.3 and then use Redsn0w to rejailbreak, but I'm kinda skeptical about it

Are you unlocked bc that bootrom is 2010ish. You can do it the redsnow way to.