What's new

iphone 3gs jailbreak

stuzip

Reaction score
hi every body just wonder if any body ealse had this happen i run a iphone 3gs ios 5.1.1 i jailbroke it with redsnow should be a tethered jailbreak but guess what can reboot and i do not have to boot tethered wierd any body got a answer

hi every body just wonder if any body ealse had this happen i run a iphone 3gs ios 5.1.1 i jailbroke it with redsnow should be a tethered jailbreak but guess what can reboot and i do not have to boot tethered wierd any body got a answer
Most likely becuase you have a 3GS w/ the old bootrom. :)

just check bootrom with idectector and it say new bootrom so wierder still

I will admit... that is quite odd. Do you still have full function of your Safari, Cydia, Etc?

yes everything works has normal only thing put sprite on to get siri it worked but every now and then rebooted the phone and i had to boot tethered did a restore through itunes rejailbroke and it is now working like this just can not get my head round it but not complaining

That is strange. Perhaps iDetector got the bootrom wrong?

However in iOS you CAN reboot with a tethered jailbreak, just Cydia anything from Cydia, and safari will not work............But if all of those are working after a normal reboot, then it must be old bootrom......really no other way......iDetector has to be wrong in that case.

thing is before putting sprite/siri on my phone i had to boot tethered to get cydia safari ect to work because of the new bootrom because siri kept causing the phone to reload and having to boot tethered did a update and restore through itunes rejailbreak with redsn0w now i do not have to boot tethered got me beat