What's new

iphone 3gs ios5.1.1

Gio_gio88

Reaction score
i have iphone3gs. i updated my iphone instal ios5.1.1 and now i have a problem my iphone haven't seen gsm sim card please help me (i am sorry for my english)

where you relying on unlock tools before the upgrade? such as ultrasn0w or gevey sim maybe?

no i didn,t see any tools before i update it

Was the phone unlocked previously?

If so then it is locked again and as of right now there is no
unlock for 5.1.1

If it was not unlocked previously, then try and do a restore on the phone
using itunes and if that fails, then do a setup as new phone in itunes. Make sure
you back up first.

If that all fails then i don't what else to say unless your sim card is no good, buy a new one.

Ok in that case its locked again and like i noted there is no unlock for that baseband right now

I am updated as well, but i don't need an unlock at this time.

Once you updated the previous unlock gets over written and it becomes locked again.
If you would have preserved the previous baseband then you could of unlocked it again.

Now there is Gevey sim unlock only for 5.0 and 5.1 for iphone 4, but iphone 4s gevey has
an unlock sim for 5.1.1, problem is you would of needed to preserve the old
baseband and if not then your basically out of luck until an unlock is out for 5.1.1 through
programs that do so.

i don,t no baseband before i update it. now it is 6.15.00

Sry i posted my baseband on iphone 4.

I have a 3gs updated to 5.1.1 as well, but i have no desire to unlock it right now.

But from what i know 06.15.00 is unlockable with ultrasnow, as for jailbreak there is a few out right now but redsnow is very popular.

There is no Untethered jailbreak Yet for 5.1.1, but but there will be one out very soon i hope.

So jailbreak it with redsnow and then use ultrasnow to unlock it.

You also need to use Ultrasnow Fixer for 5.1.1

Last edited: