What's new

iPhone 3GS Hanging on by a thread

zuff

Reaction score
Hi, I joined this forum just to get these questions clarified. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

iPhone 3GS 16GB Black (Unlocked [not factory], Jailbroken)
Version 3.1.3 (7E18)
Modem Firmware 05.12.01
Cydia 1.1.6 (SHSH 4.1, 4.3.5, 5.0.1)

I have never updated my iOS since I've had the phone.

The top button does not work.
The phone fell down at some point and when auto-lock goes into effect, there is a white screen that wont go away.
I have to wait for phone battery to die, then power up, then turn auto-lock to Never - so the phone is always on. Strangely enough, when the phone powers up, and I dont touch it, when it gets to 100% and I unplug the charger, the phone goes into lock or sleep? and there is no white screen when I press home.

Is it possible to somehow fix this white screen problem within the software? Is there an alternative to autolock like sleep or something different?

Is it possible to upgrade the iPhone to the latest iOS and still have it unlocked (dont want jailbreak) considering that the top button doesnt work?

Please excuse my ignorance if I have not explained the problem properly. I am not rich by any means and an iPhone is costly by my standards. As I said any help will be greatly appreciated. TY