What's new

Buying 3gs, need some help

hassaan123

Reaction score
Guys need some help regarding 3gs, i have never used ios. I am buying 3gs 16gb.
1. How do I check before buying whether it's factory unlocked or not? Also how do I check the baseband and which baseband should I avoid?
2. After jail breaking, can I visit the apple app store from my mobile?
3. When updating/changing firmware can I backup all my installed apps?
4. Is it possible to roll back to ios 4 after trying ios5??
5. If my phone is factory unlocked then I dont have to worry about phone getting locked when upgrading etc right?

hassaan123 said:
Guys need some help regarding 3gs, i have never used ios. I am buying 3gs 16gb.
1. How do I check before buying whether it's factory unlocked or not? Also how do I check the baseband and which baseband should I avoid?
2. After jail breaking, can I visit the apple app store from my mobile?
3. When updating/changing firmware can I backup all my installed apps?
4. Is it possible to roll back to ios 4 after trying ios5??
5. If my phone is factory unlocked then I dont have to worry about phone getting locked when]
upgrading etc right?

1. To check if its Factory Unlocked just throw a different carrier's sim in and see if it works. Just be sure it isn't already JB and unlocked that way. Check the Baseband by going into Settings>General>About & look next to "Modem Firmware." Here's a list of 3GS Basebands...
$image-3356729537.jpg
$image-3234949337.jpg
2. You're iPhone can still use iTunes and the app store after JBing.
3. When updating iOS versions, iTunes will ask if you'd like to backup before performing the update.
4. Only if you have SHSHs saved for signing that particular iOS 4 version, can you downgrade.
5. If the iPhone is truly Factory Unlocked you'll never have to worry about it becoming locked when updating iOS versions.