What's new

Iphone 3gs brick help please.

fithgear

Reaction score
Well I have had my iphone 3gs for about 3 month now.

I decided to jailbreak and unlock it.

Jailbreak succesfull but tried to change the base band to the ipad base band,

The software warned me but I thought I had the old Base band.

I now have an iphone 3gs with no service and no baseband.
My question is it possible to reflash my baseband to the original.
If not Has anyone succesfully had it repaired by apple.
Or anything else I can do thanks.

Moved from our Unlocking section to the Jailbreaking section. Hopefully it'll receive more attention here. Thanks!

No, once you flashed the iPad baseband, there is no way to go back. When was your iPhone manufactured? If it was after the 35th week of 2011 then you have permanently bricked your iPhone.

No, once you flashed the iPad baseband, there is no way to go back. When was your iPhone manufactured? If it was after the 35th week of 2011 then you have permanently bricked your iPhone.
Hey... I've always meant to ask. This will help the OP out as well... how exactly do you know when your phone was manufactured?

You check the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number. The 3rd digit is the year(i.e. if it was an "8" then your phone was manufactured in 2008). The 4th and 5th digits are the week of that year in which it was manufactured(if the 4th digit is a "3" and the 5th digit is a "5" then your iPhone was manufactured in the 35th week).

You check the 3rd, 4th and 5th digits of your serial number. The 3rd digit is the year(i.e. if it was an "8" then your phone was manufactured in 2008). The 4th and 5th digits are the week of that year in which it was manufactured(if the 4th digit is a "3" and the 5th digit is a "5" then your iPhone was manufactured in the 35th week).
Got it... thanks J!!!!!