What's new

iPhone 3G stucked on apple logo (BROKEN POWER BUTTON)

T

twister

Hello,

I have iPhone 3G with 4.2.1 iOS that I jailbroke and put on him baseband 06.15.00 (everything was working good). After that I decided to put baseband that is more stable 05.13.04 because I know that 06.15.00 had some problems with signal and battery.
So because I have broken power button first i need to create (old same one that i used ENTER_DFU mode file) and without buttons put iPhone in DFU mode.
When I did that I used RedSnow 0.9.15b3 for jailbreaking (just downgrading baseband nothing more)
Everything went good but when that finish iPhone should restart and work fine but it stucked and only shows the boot-up screen with the black screen and apple logo that is staying whole time.
Because of that iTunes doesn't recognized(not detecting) mobile device and I can't do restore again and make things better with RedSn0w 0.9.14b2 and some other tips.
I watched lot of tutorials and everything but all of them are with normal power button. I need to shutdown-restart iPhone but i cant.
I was even using limera1n, fix recovery, TinyUmbrella and lot of other programs to detect device but nothing.
frown.png

+ I was trying to drain battery but nothing and NOTHING! (maybe i should wait more)

I will say this twice because lot of people don't see that: I need to get it back to DFU mode to restore , but I can't because the power button is broken, and iTunes needs to see the phone in order to allow me to use RedSnow's DFU IPSW restore trick but iTunes doesn't recognize anything.

I can't use combination with keys power/sleep button + home button like in youtube video(standard way) because power button is broken.

Just that you know, I don't want to buy new power button so is there any way out of this pickle?

HELP PLEASE and thank you in advanced!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try putting it into Recovery Mode, then use the DFU IPSW. You'd have to wait for the phone's battery do die out first though considering you don't have a working power button to hard reset it (unless you can open up the device and fix the power button). When the battery's dead, plug it into your PC, and let it charge. Once it auto-boots, hold the home button so the device boots up in Recovery Mode. iTunes will detect it and you should be able to continue from there

Like i said,i don't have in play to buy power button (long story :D )
So only what i need is to wait that battery dies(drain out) and than when is like that just connect to pc with cable and hold home button till screen cd(apple) and usb cable shows? Okey i will try that method,hope will work. But one thing that i need to say is that my iphone is turned off(because batter is almost died) but never totally disappear it's always blinking a bit of red in the end so is that enough to start this process what you advice or i should wait 1-2 days more?
Thank you!

Have the screen completely dead before doing so. As per your PM, it's possible, but you have to restore to a clean copy of 4.2.1 while preserving the 06.15.00 baseband. Once it's clean, you can it and downgrade the baseband at the same time. Either versions of RedSn0w will work.

Sorry,so when i will go to restore can I just downgrade or I should again put 06.15.00 version of baseband and iOS 4.2.1(because i don't know is this saved on mobile or no and what baseband is now when this stucked) so if is not problem for you later when you will be free,just type me what you think with clean copy and how should i to...

1.downgrade without cydia and iOS 4.2.1 (because maybe everything is still saved)
2.or do shift+ restore and browse iOS 4.2.1 with cydia and ipad baseband

i'm not sure now so pls if you can tell me your opinion.
Thank you!

You're making this more complicated than it has to be. The iPad Baseband is not problematic on any device that supports it, that's a first, so downgrading it to a stock baseband is no different from the iPad Baseband when unlocking with UltraSn0w. Secondly, you have to be able to differentiate between restore processes and features, from jailbroken processes and features. The Baseband modification is from jailbreaking, AND NOT from restoring.

1) Downgrade without Cydia and 4.2.1

Downgrading your baseband has NOTHING to do with Cydia. 4.2.1 is the latest iOS for the 3G, restoring with RedSn0w will PRESERVE your 06.15.00 baseband while restoring. You CANNOT restore without a custom IPSW or custom process that PRESERVES your baseband because the 06.15.00 is an iPad Baseband, not a 3G baseband. Restoring without preserving will give you error 1015.

2) do a shift + restore and browse 4.2.1 with cydia and ipad baseband

You're not getting that there is a clear difference between Cydia, iPad Baseband modification and the 4.2.1 iOS. They are CANNOT be in the same IPSW packaging. You have to get 4.2.1 on your device FIRST, THEN you jailbreak AND modify the baseband.

Try putting it into Recovery Mode, then use the DFU IPSW. You'd have to wait for the phone's battery do die out first though considering you don't have a working power button to hard reset it (unless you can open up the device and fix the power button). When the battery's dead, plug it into your PC, and let it charge. Once it auto-boots, hold the home button so the device boots up in Recovery Mode. iTunes will detect it and you should be able to continue from there
I tried that but when i did like this than apple logo appear again and now i need to wait again that mobile shutdown and try from beginning but i think that apple logo will again appear... for exmpl. now i plug everything but even no any indicator of battery (just black screen)
And thank you for previous comment. I'm not making that more complicated it's just confused me and i'm not doing this first time so...i'm just first time confronted with something like this.