What's new

iPhone 3G Jailbreak Questions

gadawg31

Reaction score
Ok, new to the forum and I have finally gotten up the nerve to attempt jailbreaking my phone. I just wanted to clear up a few things, since most of the post I see are a year or more older. I understand I need software and firmware, I believe and I have seen a lot about 3.1.3 and redsnow. However; what I am stuck on is whether these are the latest products being used in 2012. Also, I have read about having the right iTunes softeware. Currently, my iTunes is 10.x something, so will I have to downgrade to lower version or will I keep the one I have. Finally, all of my family have some sort of "i" device and I don't want to make it where they can't sync or back-up there products, because my 3g will be the only device jailbroken. Any help/suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

JD

I think you can still use the spirit jailbreak on 3.1.3, unless I am mistaken. It has been a while since I have been on 3.1.3. It's a one click jailbreak real easy. Other than that... redsn0w 0.9.14b2 or snowbreeze 2.9.6 will work. Also, you can keep the iTunes you have.

I have just checked and confirmed that spirit jailbreak is good to go on 3g 3.1.3, however it states that you need iTunes 9 or lower.

Thanks waldoe. I think I will try the redsn0w or snowbreeze, since I have the 4.x.x version and I did not know about the shsh blob issues until you mentioned it. I will mess around with it over the weekend and see how it goes. Thanks.

JD

I actually was in the same boat and red snow worked perfectly! Also when you do it disable spotlight search and multitasking or your phone will dragggggg! Mine still isn't up to par with the 4!