What's new

Cannot jailbreak 3G

cableghost

Reaction score
I originally jailbroke my 3G, upgraded the baseboard to 6.15, and since I couldn't get Internet connection, I manually installed ultrasn0w. When I rebooted, it went into the continuous reboot mode.

Based on forum threads, etc., I may have installed the wrong version of ultrasn0w. So, I have been trying to re-jailbreak it, but I continue to receive 1014, 1600, and 1610 error messages.

I have tried a few different processes, but no success.

Any thoughts on how to re-jailbreak?

-Scott

iPhone 3G
firmware: 4.1.0 (I have tried downgrading the firmware as well)
Baseboard: 6.15
WiFi status: non-function

Thanks for the reply, but I was unable to re-jailbreak, until I just found and followed these instructions: 3g,3gs 4.2.1 custom restore Loop fix (Only new boot rom method) 1000% working no BS [Archive] - GSM-Forum
Going forward...

WiFi is not functional and have been unable to get it to work. So, my remaining option seems to be to manually load the proper version of ultrasn0w. Since I have baseboard 6.15, it appears I need to load ultrasn0w 1.2.3

Does this sound right, or is there another way to unlock my 3G, now that it is jailbroke, w/o WiFi?

-Scott

That did the trick.

My only annoyance is that it seems to take several minutes for the phone to connect to the service upon reboot, but something I can live with.

Thank you.