What's new

Iphone 15 Pro Max

GrayG

Reaction score
Hello all, I bought this contract phone brand new on Friday, it arrived saturday. During the initial setup process after half an hour it restarted a couple of times on its own, i didnt think much of it at the time, it settled down, and i had just about managed to update it to ios 17.3 and get all my apps, passwords and accounts onto it, itunes setup etc etc by Monday lunchtime, when out of nowhere it suddenly restarted on its own again.
From 12pm Monday, for 8 hours straight this phone restarted every 3 minutes, i couldnt do anything with it, couldnt make a call, couldnt use itunes to restore my first backup nothing, because if i didnt do it in 3 minutes the phone restarted grrrrrr.
I tried a few of the online methods people had posted, hard reset etc, check see if its an app causing it and nothing worked, i eventually managed to wipe it and remove icloud activation etc to start a fresh setup, but even at the main setup screen it still kept restarting so it definitley wasnt my poor taste in music or an app id put on it.
Eventually i gave up and rang my airtime provider and demanded a resolution, i was not going to pay a monthly bill for a phone i could not use, they have asked me to return it which i did today and are sending me a new handset.
I would like to ask if anyone has experienced this, theres lots of references to it online, so i dont believe it was 1 rogue handset, i believe it was to do with ios, panic and shutdown etc, from what ive read ios 17 has not been the best version theyve ever released and has had a lot of problems.
If anyone has had this problem, do you know of a fix?
Im absolutely gutted, i never expected this from an Apple flagship phone, ive had iphones previously and theyve always been reliable, in honesty, im worrried the replacement is going to have the same issues.
NOW, tips please, can anyone give me useful tips to help me, should i udate to 17.3 immediatley, do a backup on itunes first?, and what about chargers, i use the apple certified cable that comes with it but i have also ordered another spare Mfi certified cable purely for connecting to my pc, Ive also ordered a 20w Official Apple made charger for the iphone 15 pro max, would this be suitable, ive read some worrying posts about people having problems if they dont use a proper Apple or Mfi certified charger and cable.
Looking forward to the replys. :)

Hello all, I bought this contract phone brand new on Friday, it arrived saturday. During the initial setup process after half an hour it restarted a couple of times on its own, i didnt think much of it at the time, it settled down, and i had just about managed to update it to ios 17.3 and get all my apps, passwords and accounts onto it, itunes setup etc etc by Monday lunchtime, when out of nowhere it suddenly restarted on its own again.
From 12pm Monday, for 8 hours straight this phone restarted every 3 minutes, i couldnt do anything with it, couldnt make a call, couldnt use itunes to restore my first backup nothing, because if i didnt do it in 3 minutes the phone restarted grrrrrr.
I tried a few of the online methods people had posted, hard reset etc, check see if its an app causing it and nothing worked, i eventually managed to wipe it and remove icloud activation etc to start a fresh setup, but even at the main setup screen it still kept restarting so it definitley wasnt my poor taste in music or an app id put on it.
Eventually i gave up and rang my airtime provider and demanded a resolution, i was not going to pay a monthly bill for a phone i could not use, they have asked me to return it which i did today and are sending me a new handset.
I would like to ask if anyone has experienced this, theres lots of references to it online, so i dont believe it was 1 rogue handset, i believe it was to do with ios, panic and shutdown etc, from what ive read ios 17 has not been the best version theyve ever released and has had a lot of problems.
If anyone has had this problem, do you know of a fix?
Im absolutely gutted, i never expected this from an Apple flagship phone, ive had iphones previously and theyve always been reliable, in honesty, im worrried the replacement is going to have the same issues.
NOW, tips please, can anyone give me useful tips to help me, should i udate to 17.3 immediatley, do a backup on itunes first?, and what about chargers, i use the apple certified cable that comes with it but i have also ordered another spare Mfi certified cable purely for connecting to my pc, Ive also ordered a 20w Official Apple made charger for the iphone 15 pro max, would this be suitable, ive read some worrying posts about people having problems if they dont use a proper Apple or Mfi certified charger and cable.
Looking forward to the replys. :)
I think that you were just unlucky that you had a faulty phone. It occasionally happens.
You can set yourself up with the new iPhone and then download iOS 17.3. You can then back up to iTunes. I would also back up to iCloud. You can turn it on in Settings. The charger and cable you have ordered should be fine. Good luck with the new iPhone!

I think that you were just unlucky that you had a faulty phone. It occasionally happens.
You can set yourself up with the new iPhone and then download iOS 17.3. You can then back up to iTunes. I would also back up to iCloud. You can turn it on in Settings. The charger and cable you have ordered should be fine. Good luck with the new iPhone!
Thankyou, New iphone recieved, setup and backed up, cautiously proceeded. All going well, no glitching or anything touch wood so hopefully it was just a lemon, Converted sim to an esim and added my old physical sim into it too to have 2 lines, But yes havent really encountered any major snags, Only a strange one with an outlook issue, wouldnt let me log in, kept saying password was wrong, triple checked and it wasnt wrong, but never mind thats minor.

Thankyou, New iphone recieved, setup and backed up, cautiously proceeded. All going well, no glitching or anything touch wood so hopefully it was just a lemon, Converted sim to an esim and added my old physical sim into it too to have 2 lines, But yes havent really encountered any major snags, Only a strange one with an outlook issue, wouldnt let me log in, kept saying password was wrong, triple checked and it wasnt wrong, but never mind thats minor.
Glad all seems to be going well.

This is the reason i always buy my phones from my phone service provider, they setup the phone move all files and photos also contact list, make sure phone can call and receive calls.
When i walk out of store phone is good to go no problems.