What's new

iPhone 11Pro

Davidm

Reaction score
does anybody know for sure which iOS it comes with. Every time in the past I’ve upgraded current phone then get new one the current phone has newer iOS than the new model which means I can’t restore to new phone without a hassle.

The new iPhones will come with iOS 13 pre installed. If your current iPhone has been updated to iOS 13.1 or later by the time you receive your new iPhone just update the new iPhone to the latest version of iOS 13 before restoring from the backup of your current iPhone.

Thank you. Can you recommend what to do if old one has 256gigs, mostly pictures and new one only 64gigs. Do I just let it do it’s thing and it will just not do all the pictures?

Thank you. Can you recommend what to do if old one has 256gigs, mostly pictures and new one only 64gigs. Do I just let it do it’s thing and it will just not do all the pictures?
You're going to have to delete enough from your old iPhone to get the amount of data on the old iPhone to less than 64GB or restoring from the backup will fail. To preserve your data transfer all your photos, documents and any other important data to apps and files on your computer, then do a full iTunes backup before deleting anything and archive the backup to prevent it from being overwritten by later backups. Then delete enough data to get the storage used to less than 64GB.and create a new backup. This is the one you'll use to restore the new iPhone.

I wonder if I use the cloud backup as I don’t save the pictures to backup because I’d need to spring for more space and since I also back up to my computer I saw no need. Then after a few days of playing I can go into iTunes and change photos to use just the ones I choose. Does that sound reasonable?

As long as the data stored on your existing iPhone is less than the capacity of your new iPhone it should work. That data can include apps and their data, music and video content.