What's new

IPF via Tapatalk login issue

itelephone

Reaction score
Anyone successfully using Tapatalk with iPhoneForums? I cannot login, but I could in the past.

It seems to come and go, got so fed up with not being able to log in I deleted Tapatalk and kinda forgot about the forums. Installed it again after a few months and I could log back in. [emoji2357]
Now I am getting errors with certain threads, not all just random. [emoji35]

I would assume that the powers to be at Tapatalk must know that so many are having this problem, yet nothing appears to be happening to fix it.
It is very frustrating, so I am resorting now to using the website access for both iPad Forums and iPhone Forums as, for me, the problem is affecting both.

It seems to come and go, got so fed up with not being able to log in I deleted Tapatalk and kinda forgot about the forums. Installed it again after a few months and I could log back in. [emoji2357]
Now I am getting errors with certain threads, not all just random. [emoji35]
I am happy you could log back in. I logged out after there were issues with TapaTalk, and I still cannot login via TapaTalk, even after I did uninstall, reboot, and reinstall TT app. I just get this error message, see screenshot. I can only login to IPF via web. I can login to other forums via TapaTalk.
IMG_9726.jpeg

Last edited:
This is the error I’ve been getting now. Been able to log in fine but can only open certain threads in the browser…

Attachments

• IMG_2085.png
    IMG_2085.png
    180.9 KB · Views: 18
I wonder if the CloudFlare security check has anything to do with our problems. But it’s just a stab in the dark.

I wrote to TapaTalk Support and received this message from Chris W. (He actually replied on April 24, but I have been a bit busy and didn’t notice his mail till now, sorry for the delay in reporting.)

========

I sent an email to the forum admin just before the weekend.
The forum is running on an outdated Tapatalk plugin and we need to wait for the admin to update the plugin, in order to see if this fixes the issues.
Maybe mention it at the forum too if you can.

Chris
Tapatalk Support

I wrote to TapaTalk Support and received this message from Chris W. (He actually replied on April 24, but I have been a bit busy and didn’t notice his mail till now, sorry for the delay in reporting.)

========

I sent an email to the forum admin just before the weekend.
The forum is running on an outdated Tapatalk plugin and we need to wait for the admin to update the plugin, in order to see if this fixes the issues.
Maybe mention it at the forum too if you can.

Chris
Tapatalk Support
Maybe this is what's causing the issues several have with threads not working.

We no longer support Tapatalk and it has been completely removed from the site. We know that many users appreciated the app but it has left an additional attack vector on the site for some time. In addition, Xenforo's native mobile experience has improved over time.

For those die-hard Tapatalk users we apologize. We removed it from our other sites LONG ago.

We no longer support Tapatalk and it has been completely removed from the site. We know that many users appreciated the app but it has left an additional attack vector on the site for some time. In addition, Xenforo's native mobile experience has improved over time.

For those die-hard Tapatalk users we apologize. We removed it from our other sites LONG ago.

Thanks for the update.