What's new

Tapatalk not working with iPhone forums

DaveM

Reaction score
Starting yesterday I can no longer login to these forums using Tapatalk. Any other Tapatalk users out there having the same issue? Anyone know why this might be?

The last update of the Tapatalk app was a week ago. Maybe it introduced a new bug that’s causing the problem.

I‘ve just tried looking at this forum in Tapatalk, and had to login manually, but it worked.

Thanks folks. I had tried logging in manually but I get "Log in Failed - The operation couldn't be completed. (Forum SSO error 2)". Just tried it again with same results. I've put in a help request to Tapatalk. We'll see what happens. Appreciate the responses.

I've had this happen before. I have no idea what causes it or how it was fixed. It seems it just fixed on its own. I've been beta testing TapaTalk for over 3 years. I rarely see this issue. You might try logging in to the forum in your browser. Then try in TapaTalk again. That seemed to work for me once. But I think sometimes there's a bad signal somewhere. The issue never seems to last long. But I know it's frustrating. I get panicky.

Thanks Ledsteplin. Still no joy this morning. I did try logging out and back into the forums in the browser. It didn't make any difference. If I get it resolved through Tapatalk support I'll post back.

Thanks Ledsteplin. Still no joy this morning. I did try logging out and back into the forums in the browser. It didn't make any difference. If I get it resolved through Tapatalk support I'll post back.

Is it all forums, or just one?

Okay, got it figured out, sort of. Tapatalk support responded and asked me to see if I could login to the iPhone Forums website using a browser on my phone. Much to my surprise I was unable to do so, either from Chrome or Safari. I was able to access other websites from my phone browsers, and Tapatalk was able to connect to the forums if I used 4G instead of Wi-Fi. I was able to access the iPhone forums from a laptop connected on the same Wi-Fi. So I knew it wasn't a Tapatalk problem. Thinking back, I remembered that about a week ago I had made a security change on my router - I had disabled WPS. I reenabled it, and now everything is working again.

What's bothering me is that:
1) I don't know what disabling WPS would have to do with the connection issue.
2) I would have thought that if disabling WPS would stop me from connecting to the iPhones forums from my iPhone that it would also break other connections too. Remember that I had still been able to connect to the other forums that I access using Tapatalk.
3) I had been able to access the forums from a browser on my W-Fi connected laptop, so this is an issue specific to the iPhone's Wi-Fi connection, not any Wi-Fi connection.

Although I can live with the WPS disabled, I'm really curious as to what's really going on. Any ideas anyone?

Okay, got it figured out, sort of. Tapatalk support responded and asked me to see if I could login to the iPhone Forums website using a browser on my phone. Much to my surprise I was unable to do so, either from Chrome or Safari. I was able to access other websites from my phone browsers, and Tapatalk was able to connect to the forums if I used 4G instead of Wi-Fi. I was able to access the iPhone forums from a laptop connected on the same Wi-Fi. So I knew it wasn't a Tapatalk problem. Thinking back, I remembered that about a week ago I had made a security change on my router - I had disabled WPS. I reenabled it, and now everything is working again.

What's bothering me is that:
1) I don't know what disabling WPS would have to do with the connection issue.
2) I would have thought that if disabling WPS would stop me from connecting to the iPhones forums from my iPhone that it would also break other connections too. Remember that I had still been able to connect to the other forums that I access using Tapatalk.
3) I had been able to access the forums from a browser on my W-Fi connected laptop, so this is an issue specific to the iPhone's Wi-Fi connection, not any Wi-Fi connection.

Although I can live with the WPS disabled, I'm really curious as to what's really going on. Any ideas anyone?

They suggested you do what I suggested you do in post #5. Yet then you said it didn't work. I have no clue what causes those issues. I experience it from time to time. Could be an update bug, or something.

What you suggested in #5 didn't work. Turning WPS on in my router is what makes it work. But as I outlined above, I haven't figured out why.