What's new

iPad software on my iPhone 3gs. Need some help with this BADLY!

Irishbushido91

Reaction score
So my issue is that I have iPad software on my iPhone 3gs. This happened because it was originally my brothers phone and he accidentally updated it when it was unlocked and jail broken after an update just came out. He was with out a phone for a couple of weeks, so he got desperate and found that he could use jail broken and unlocked iPad software on the iPhone. Well turns out now that i can't get the iPad software off of the phone at all now. I'm stuck with old firmware and it will not allow me to update to new versions or even completely restore it. Does anyone have any ideas on how this problem could be fixed???

How in the heck did you manage this? While doing the update for new firmware you have to pick the firmware that is for your phone and if you pick the wrong one, it will tell you that's its not compatible with your phone and the process should have stopped. This is just weird to me, but what you may have to do is take it to an Apple store and see if they are able put the right firmware on it so you can do the update to IOS5 or what ever update you were going to do. I hope they can do this for you.

Yeah I don't know how he did it, but he did somehow. I still have yet to find a way around it. All I end up doing is wiping my iPhone clean and it tells me that i can't update it. There has got to be something I can do to reset it to the factory software or something.

What iOS is that phone currently running?

That also has the baseband of 6.15.00?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net