What's new

Ip5 without case

Gregsaidthat

Reaction score
Anyone have any recent pictures of the 5 without a case. I want to see how it looks and how beat up it might be. I was thinking about getting rid of all my cases and go without but I want to look first and see how they have turned out.

Sent using the best phone in the world. iPhone 5 rocking tapatalk!!!

The range of what an iPhone 5 can look like would range from "fresh out of box" status to below

Depends on how well you treat the phone, but in terms of beating it up, aside from normal wear, unless you sit while it's in your buttpocket, you won't see much difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know this probably isn't right so sorry in advance BUT

If you go to sell your cases can you let me know. Thanks

I used a couple different cases and bumpers since launch day. I took them off every day or two and cleaned the phone and case. I now have tons of small scratches/dings all around the bezel...at least 50-75 small ones.

A few weeks ago I stopped using them and having been rocking my iPhone5 naked. I'm am fairly rough on my phone, as I work in construction, but I swear that I havent picked up any more scratches since then. It seems that trapped dirt in between the case and phone is way rougher on the anodized finish than I am.

As far as i aware, iphone 5 is pretty strong....except for the screen. Probably the weakest part of the phone. However, I really don want a case to cover its beautiful design as well as increase its size.....really need some advise!

I'm not sure what advice people are looking for on this topic. If you want to protect your iPhone from every day wear & tear... then use a case in conujunction w/ a screen protector. If you like the iPhone in it's natural form and have no concern for, again, every day wear & tear... then don't use a case. Simple as that.

I, myself, use a Speck case that has a full rubber lining. This keeps the plastic of your case from rubbing the phone itself. And a Moshi iVisor screen protector.

As far as i aware, iphone 5 is pretty strong....except for the screen. Probably the weakest part of the phone. However, I really don want a case to cover its beautiful design as well as increase its size.....really need some advise!

That goes for all phones. If you sit on it at the right angle or if you drop it, it'll crack on all phones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

i recently bounced my iphone 5 on the concrete floor of the car park,thank god i had a metal bumper on it,no way would i not have a case on my phones.

I was just wondering how other phones have looked without a case. I was thinking of doing the nude phone for a while and I was wondering how scratched they will get.

if you go nude. make sure you get at least a full body zagg protector. it will help so much. when ever i get a new phone thats the first thing i do. makes the phone still look great after hard use.

I'm planning on it.

Just saw a friend shared a kickstarter project, called Rhino Shield.... looks astonishing.. I think it might be a solution...
might back their project eventually. (not sure what do you guy think?)